On the 1st of every month I plan to share at least two photographs – one from the past and the other of the same view but taken in the past year. If you enjoy looking at photographs comparing today with yesteryear why not join in this monthly challenge of matching modern-day views with those of the past.
Your photographs don’t need to be of Portugal, and your past shot doesn’t even need to be that old. If you can post on 1st of the month, but don’t worry if you can’t. The one rule you must follow is to share a relatively recent photograph taken by you and then another picture of the same view (or similar) but taken days, weeks or years before. The older picture doesn’t need to be taken by you and can be a postcard or a painting.
If it takes off there will be a proper ‘link up’ in my posts but for now as we are only just starting simply leave a link back to your post in my most recent ‘Past meets Present’. You can find the most recent by searching ‘Past meets Present’, and there are also links below. And to help others find your post do add the tag ‘Past meets Present‘.
I have had such a fun time going through the photographic archives, and then attempting to find the same locations to take a modern-day shot. Most of my ‘past’ photographs are courtesy of some great books, but I have also found inspiration from the internet. Here are my 2016/2017 ‘Past meets Present’ posts
- A glimpse of a garden’s past
- An extraordinary transformation in April
- A day late in March, but such a great video
- Discovered that things are not always as old as they seem
- In January we were playing ‘spot the difference’
- In December it was lighthouses
- Considered the prettiest town in the Algarve
- In October 2016 I was ‘Hitchin’ A Ride’
- In September 2016 we visited Faro
- And in August 2016 my time machine took us to Olhão
- My first proper ‘Past meets Present’
- Not a true ‘Past meets Present’ but still a fun look back in the archives